Camping and riding in the Keweenaw

Home Forums General Discussion Camping and riding in the Keweenaw

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kitty Beleck Kitty Beleck 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kitty Beleck
    Kitty Beleck
    Keymaster

HI Jorden, sorry took me so long to get back to you. If you stay at Fort Wilkens, you cannot ride your machine in and out of the park. They want you to park it at camp head quarters across the street. You can stay at Twin Lakes, it is a state park. and the trail is right across the street. You can ride in and out of the park. Thank you, Be safe and Enjoy you trip.

Profile photo of Jordan Rautiola
    Jordan Rautiola
    Participant

We live in the LP (near Holland) and I’m considering towing our toy hauler travel trailer to the UP this summer for riding and sight seeing.  I ride a 250 Polaris and wife has a 300 Kaw Brute Force.  My dad was born/raised in Hancock and I have aunt & uncle near Lac La Belle, so there’s some sentimental value to this trip.  I’d like to have some feedback as to decent campgrounds to stay at that are near to trails.  Wife doesn’t like slow/tight trails, but I don’t think she’d like riding for miles on old railroad beds either.  We do most of our riding on the OHV trails north of Baldwin, which she seems to be comfortable with.  It looks like Wilkins may be decent, and I’m considering the Hancock city park for one or two nights.  I would consider south of Houghton too.  Any and all suggestions are warmly appreciated.

Profile photo of Kitty Beleck
    Kitty Beleck
    Keymaster

Hello Jorden, I came across one other camping place for you. It is in Gay Mich.

It is called
    Dockside Resort, you can contact them at. 1-906-369-4132 or 1-906-369-0646.
    also, docksideresortmi.com also docksidevacations@gmail.com Thank you very much for your interest.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.